Where did Rebecca go?
As of May 1, 2021, Rebecca R. DeMarb joined Development Specialists Inc. as a Senior Managing Director after 24-years practicing law, most recently with Brian Brophy as DeMarb Brophy LLC.
DeMarb has extensive experience in workouts, restructuring, receiverships and assignments. Ms. DeMarb works diligently to meet the needs of the stakeholders. She is hands-on, responsive, and focuses on bringing diverse interests together to reach acceptable solutions that are cost-effective and make solid business sense. Known to get the messy cases, DeMarb digs to find value and finds great joy in a successful sale process. She brings a polished work-product and a no-nonsense approach to her streamlined, lean and efficient matters. Her industry experience includes manufacturing, service businesses, intellectual property, c-stores, e-businesses, dealerships, medical technology, all types of real estate, healthcare and agriculture.
As an attorney, in addition to her receivership practice, Ms. DeMarb represented businesses and other interested parties in bankruptcies, state court receiverships, sales of business assets and out-of-court business reorganizations.
Contact Rebecca DeMarb
Direct Line: 312-263-4141
Business Bankruptcy, American Board of Certification, 2005 to present
- Wisconsin, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2000
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, J.D., cum laude, 1997
- Loyola University Chicago, B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science, 1994
- Co-Author, Collection Remedies and Workers Nonbankruptcy Alternatives & Bankruptcy, Business Law Advisory Series Wisconsin CLE Books, 2006.
- Co-Author, Professionals Beware! Pitfalls to Getting and Keeping Compensation, International Insolvency Review, Fall/Winter, 2004.
- Contributing Author, “Wisconsin Judicial Benchbook”, Volume II, Civil, 3rd Ed., Wisconsin Supreme Court, 2008-Present.
- In re Flambeau River Papers, LLC, 19 – CV – 34 (Price County Chapter 128 Receivership).
- In re DDS 2019, LLC and In re DDD 2019, LLC, 18-13912 (Chapter 11 for Death’s Door Spirits, LLC, W.D. Wis.)
- In re FOC, Inc, et. al, 17-00463 (Chapter 11 for Fauser Oil Co., Inc., N.D. Iowa)
- In re GreenWhey Energy, Inc., 16-CV-164 (Polk County Chapter 128 Receivership).
- Sale of assets of Great Big Pictures, Inc., 2015.
- Bouraxis Properties Receivership, 14-CV-3185 (Milwaukee County Chapter 128 Receivership).
- In re Anchor Bancorp Wisconsin Inc., Case No. 13-14003 (WD Wis. Bankr. 2013).
- Nicolet National Bank, v. Whitefield Industrial Coatings, Inc., et al., 12 CV 732, Brown County, Wisconsin (2012) (Chapter 128 Receivership).
- Sold Out LLC v. 216 State Street, LLC, et al., (Dane County 2012) (Orpheum Theater Foreclosure Receiver).
- State Bank of Cross Plains v. Raemisch Imp., Inc., 11 CV 3883 (Dane County 2011) (Chapter 128 Receivership).
- Stainless Steel Fabricating, Inc., 10-18550 (WD Wis. Bankr 2010) (Chapter 11 Bankruptcy).
- Steven Z. Royko, Royko Enterprises LLC
- Kimberly P. Sebranek, Eustice Laffey Sebranek & Auby, S. C.
- Bethany A. Piechowski, State Bank of Cross Plains
- Alice Torti, VP and General Manager, Great Big Pictures, A GSP Company
- Greg Milligan, Harney Management Partners, LLC
- “The Efficient Chapter 11 Case”, State Bar of Wisconsin BICR Retreat, 2017.
- “Piercing the Corporate Veil”, State Bar of Wisconsin, Annual Bankruptcy Update, November 2016.
- “Odd Statutory Liens”, State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Meeting, 2016.
- “Headaches, Relief and Other Remedies”, American Bankruptcy Institute Central States Conference, 2016.
- “A Guide to Garnishments”, State Bar of Wisconsin Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights Annual Update, October 2015.
- “Associated Bank N.A. v. Collier and Attorney’s Title Guaranty Fund, Inc. v. Town Bank: A Sea of Change on Wisconsin Receivership Law and Its Impact on Federal Litigation,” 2015 DCWBA Annual Meeting, May 20, 2015.
- “So, You Want to be a Supplemental Receiver? Keep Reading, You May Change Your Mind,” WDBB, May 14, 2015.
- “Preferences: Now You Have It, Now You Don’t,” 2014 State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Update.
- “TMA: Advanced Education Session: What Did I Get Myself Into? Ethical Issues in Distressed Deals,” The Annual TMA Meeting, Toronto, Canada, September 29, 2014.
- “Ethical Issues in Distressed Deals,” Turnaround Management Association, September 24, 2013.
- “Worth the Jump: A Couple of Stories About Finding and Realizing Value,” USLFG Bankruptcy Group Meeting, October 18, 2013.
- University of Wisconsin, Lawyering Skills Course.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute, 2001-present
- Turnaround Management Association, 2004-2006; 2011-present
- Turnaround Management Association Milwaukee Program Committee, 2013
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring, 2015-present
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring, Founder and Chair of Wisconsin Network, 2017-present
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring, International Vice Chair of Spring Programming, 2020
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Bankruptcy Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights Section Board Member, 2013-2016
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Western District of Wisconsin Bankruptcy Bar
- Legal Association for Women, Board Member, 1999-2004
- Legal Association for Women, President, 2004
- Inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers, Debtor-Creditor Rights, 2008-Present
- Super Lawyers Top 25 Female Attorneys in Wisconsin, 2010, 2015 – Present
- Super Lawyers Top 25 Attorneys in Madison, 2015 – Present
- 8th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards for Anchor Bancorp, Inc., Chapter 11 case
- 10th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards, Divestiture Deal of the Year (Under $50MM)
- 2015 Turnaround Management Association, National, Small Company Transaction of the Year, LongVANS, Inc.
- 2015 Turnaround Management Association, Chicago/Midwest, Small Company Transaction of the Year
- Wisconsin Law Journal ‘Women in the Law’ honoree
- Watch ‘Women in the Law’ video on Rebecca DeMarb
- Inclusion in Best Lawyers, 2019-Present
- Law Dragon Top 500 U.S. Bankruptcy and Restructuring Lawyers
- 10.0 AVVO Rating