Did you know that more than one million people are killed in traffic accidents yearly? The number is even higher for injuries caused by traffic incidents. Often, people do not take drivers’ safety seriously until they are in a severe accident resulting in injury or death. We want to change that. Look at these recent statistics; they may encourage drivers to take extra precautions without having to be forced into it due to personal experience.
- Speeding-caused accidents increased by 17% from 2019-2020.
- The highest death rate per 100 million vehicle miles was in June and September 2020. Is it just a coincidence that these are two months of major holiday weekends, Memorial Day and Labor Day? We think not.
- In March 2022, 3,570 people died in crashes.
- In 2020, most motor-vehicle fatalities were from the 25–44 age group.
- Almost 28% of deaths were consequences of alcohol-impaired driving in 2019.
- In 2020, most fatal car accidents occurred on weekends, especially Saturdays.
Although summer is over in the minds of many, there are still many more weekends of nice weather. If you are traveling, please remember these statistics to practice safe driving. We do not want you to become part of them. If you or a loved one experiences personal injury or death related to a motor vehicle accident, please call an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our team at Brophy Law Office will help you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us at 608-591-5871 to schedule your free initial consultation and take the first step towards justice.